OPEN CALL FOR OUTREACH SERVICE PROVIDERS
New Generation Humanitarian NGO announces an Open Call for Outreach Service Providers within the scope of the Project “HIV prevention among MSM, CSWs and TG people“
Project: “HIV prevention among MSM, CSWs and TG people“
Position: Outreach Worker
Duration: 1 month (probation), with the possibility of extension
Location: Republic of Armenia, city of Yerevan, Aragatsotn Region, Ararat Region, Armavir Region, Gegharkunik Region, Lori Region, Kotayk Region, Shirak Region, Syunik Region, Vayots Dzor Region, Tavush Region
Beneficiary groups: men who have sex with men (MSM), commercial sex workers (CSWs), trans persons.
- Provide outreach services in the whole territory of the Republic of Armenia;
- Identify potential beneficiaries;
- Provide information on the HIV testing program;
- Provide counseling on safe sex and behavior, as well as on the use of condoms and lubricants;
- Conduct rapid HIV testing of the beneficiaries and provide post-test counseling (the beneficiary can conduct HIV self-test in the presence of the outreach worker, if the beneficiary so desires);
- Provide the beneficiaries with condoms, lubricants and educational materials;
- Refer the beneficiaries and, if necessary, accompany them to the relevant medical facilities in order for them to access STI counseling, testing and treatment services;
- Participate in Staff meetings and gatherings, provide information and reporting on the progress of the delivered services;
- Ensure the participation of beneficiaries in the trainings and other events;
- Maintain the confidentiality of the beneficiary and the work carried out therewith, as well as of the reports on the delivered services, including the number of supplies and materials distributed to the beneficiaries;
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Experience in the mentioned field is desirable;
- Minimum knowledge on HIV and AIDS is desirable;
- Computer skills are desirable (MS Office, Internet navigation skills…);
- Knowledge of the Armenian language;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Good communication skills;
Cost of Providing the Services: Contract based
Application procedure: Please, fill out the application before June 30, 2023, by selecting Application for Employment as the type of the application, and by selecting the position of Outreach Worker (HIV prevention among MSM), Outreach Worker (HIV prevention among CSWs) and Outreach Worker (HIV prevention among TG people) in the field Name of the Provided Work/Service.
ATTENTION: The contract with the applicants will be concluded after they have undergone training at “National Center for Infectious Diseases” CJSC of the RA Ministry of Healthcare.