OPEN CALL FOR EXPERTS
Terms of reference
for conducting the assessment of the fulfillment of HIV related sustainability commitments given by the national government of Armenia in the context of the country transition from the Global Fund’s support to national funding
New Generation Humanitarian NGO (NGNGO) has started the implementation of Ensuring the sustainability of HIV/TB responses among KPs in Armenia within the transition period project with financial support of the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).
It is planned to conduct the assessment of the fulfillment of HIV related sustainability commitments given by the national government of Armenia in the context of the country transition from the Global Fund’s support to national funding.
NGNGO announces an open call for an experts to compile the work.
Main tasks to be conducted by the expert
The experts are expected to conduct the research of national assessment process in accordance with the Assessment Guide “Benchmarking Sustainability of the
HIV Response in the Context of Transition from Donor Funding” developed by EHRA to be provided by NGNGO. Expert work should include the following activities:
- Identify and collect a set of strategic and programmatic documents, including national laws and regulations relevant to the transition process through desk review and interviews with key stakeholders.
- Conduct a review of those documents with the purpose to identify the government’s commitments with regards to transition; formulate and group commitments per the guidance provided by NGNGO. Experts should also identify where public/government’s commitments are deficient to properly address transition challenges or to be monitored.
- Collect data through desk research and/or key informant interviews aimed to measure progress for the selected set of commitments.
- Input selected indicators into the Transition Monitoring Tool to calculate the score․
- Write an analytical report to summarize the findings.
- Present the results of the research during workinգ meetings.
The work should be done in Armenian.
1.A. Repository and mapping of documents relevant to transition process (placeholders) and containing the government’s obligations with regards to transition (intentional or officially approved).
1.B. Repository of commitments, which the country (relevant public/governmental
agencies) has committed to implement in support of transition of HIV response.
- Filled in Transition Monitoring Tool.
- Analytical Report on the results of the assessment of the fulfillment of HIV related
sustainability commitments given by the national government in the context of country transition from the Global Fund’s support to national funding.
- The ToR should be completed within the period of May 1 – July 20, 2022.
- The draft version of the document should be sent to NGNGO no later than July 10, 2022 for observations and comments.
Payment of services
Payment for the work of the consultant under this ToR will be decided based on the results of the open call. The consultant should state the number of days required to complete the task under this ToR as well as the daily rate. The final daily rate could be the subject to agreement between the parties. In case the consultant can’t confirm the stated daily rate or NGNGO is not being able to agree the daily rate with the consultant, NGNGO reserves the right not to sign the contract with the expert and approach the next candidate in line in accordance with the results of the open call. The total contract cost for the work under this ToR should not exceed AMD 1,800,000 (one million and eight hundred thousand), including all taxes.
The applications will be evaluated by the Consultative Council of NGNGO.
Required qualifications and skills
- Knowledge on delivery and financing of HIV services on the national level,
- Work experience with all the stakeholders – KPs, health expeerts and health decision makers,
- Experience in conducting research in the field of public health,
- Skills on development of questionnaires, reports and other documents,
- Conducted research in the field of HIV,
- Ability to read documents in English and Russian.
How to apply
To apply for the position please fill in this APPLICATION FORM selecting the point job application and transition process assessment expert in the required fields, by May 20, 2022.