THE NEWLY FORMED HIV ADVOCACY EXPERTS POOL IS BUILDING ITS CAPACITIES
On January 20, 2024, a capacity-building and awareness raising training was held for the newly-formed pool of HIV advocacy experts.
The objectives of the training were
- To raise awareness of the participants on existing strategic data concerning MSM in the field of HIV;
- To build their capacities in the field of HIV-related advocacy and decision-making;
- To provide them with knowledge, skills and mechanisms on how to use the existing strategic data for advocacy purposes.
Expert Sergey Gabrielyan presented the following topics to the participants during the training:
- Advocacy and Tools.
- Decision-Making Process. Importance of Community Participation.
- Strategic Data. How to Use Strategic Data for Advocacy Purposes.
The training was held in a lively atmosphere with active discussions.
At the end of the training participants were awarded with certificates of participation.
The knowledge and skills gained through the training will help the pool of trained experts to have effective discussions with representatives of health decision-making bodies, to be actively engaged in HIV advocacy and decision-making processes.
The training was organized by New Generation Humanitarian NGO with financial support of the ECOM – Eurasian Coalition on Health, Rights, Gender and Sexual Diversity.