”New Generation” Humanitarian Non-Governmental Organization (henceforth Organization) is a form of non-commercial social union established in 1998, where according to their community of profits and fixed by law, physical persons unite to satisfy their religious, spiritual or non-material and other recruitments to protect their and others rights and profits: to provide material and non-material assistance for public and its individual groups: to realize other society useful activity.
- The objectives of the organization are legitimacy, publicity (transparency), voluntary membership, equality of members, self-governance, and collegiality of leadership (management).
- The organization has its own organizational structure, scope of activities, goals and forms.
The organization has three stages of development. Each time it has been re-registered according to the enlargement of the field of activities and taking more broad actions and in 2011 “New Generation” has been registered as a humanitarian NGO. Each stage has correspondent approaches of conceptualization of the issues and definitions of the methodology how to solve them. Humanitarian definition gives large and more spread landscape to hold activities and diversity to implement projects.
During its existence the organization has realized many projects according to its vision and mission. It is considered to be one of the most active organizations not only because of the variety of the projects, but as it has abilities to cover the whole Armenia, it has proper staff, technical developed equipment, and office-branch in Shirak region and representation offices in Lori, Kotayk, Tavush and Syunik regions (Vanadzor, Charentsavan, Dilijan, Kapan and Goris cities).
The main aspects of the activities of the organization are: human rights, advocacy, HIV/AIDS prevention, awareness raising.
The Mission of the organization is to organize and implement such programs and events which are addressed to the solution of the society’s problems.
In accordance with the Organization’s Charter the strategic goals of the Organization are as follows:
- Human rights protection and advocacy
- Promotion of gender equality and diversity
- Fight against stigma and discrimination
- Support to the solution of the society’s healthcare problems and formation of healthy lifestyle
- Support to the solution of the problems related to the nature and environment
- Support to poor families
- Support to the solution of children’s and youth’s problems
- Support on the development of legislative concepts related to volunteerism
- Legal and social observations and data collection
- Serve as a bridge for the partnership with the international organizations to enhance the experience sharing between Armenian society and abroad
Primary target groups and beneficiaries
- LGBTI / MSM
- Sex workers (both men and women)
- Victims of trafficking
- Ethnic and religious minorities
- Detainees / prisoners
In general: Society as a whole
The organization is cooperating with the governmental institutions, such as Ministry of Sport and Youth Affaires, Ministry of Justice, Police Department, Republican Center of AIDS prevention, Group of public monitors implementing supervision over the criminal-executive institutions and bodies of the ministry of justice of the Republic of Armenia, the office of ombudsman, etc.
The organization is a part of many Networks and Committees:
- Member of the Armenian anti-discrimination working group
- Founder of the advocacy group for the Armenian IDUs’ rights protection,
- Founder of the Armenian LGBT advocacy coalition
- Co-founder of the Regional Network of legal support to PLHIV
- Member of the Group of public monitors implementing supervision over the criminal-executive institutions and bodies of the ministry of justice of the Republic of Armenia
- Member of the South-Caucasus network of human rights defenders
- Member of the Global forum on MSM and HIV
- Member of the group of MSM and EECA
- Member and co-founder of the Armenian human rights network
- ILGA Europe
The organization strongly underlines the necessity of the cooperation with different kind of organizations as it creates friendly environment for the implementation of common objectives, experience sharing, etc. During the past years the organization has cooperated with local, national, regional and international organizations which enhances its capacity and makes it to be more flexible and social. This creates opportunities to clarify the weaknesses of the organization and to give response to them immediately.
One of the strengthens of the organization is its experience of work involving youth, governmental institutions and Networks including many NGOs.
The organization has developed structure with separate departments which provides instruments for the distributions of responsibilities to improve and to make effective work. There are departments of advocacy, harm reduction, management and financial management with their relevant staffs. Advocacy is one of the main directions of activities in the organization. Actually the whole staff is dealing with the human rights protection and advocacy as each program implemented by the organization has red line of human rights protection and advocacy. It is requirement of the organization that each department and each worker should be aware of any legislative development and legislative amendment, and any violation of human rights. The organization tries to express and response to any violation by active participation of public meetings, public council’s discussions, etc. The programs on Harm reduction is very, and the organization has experience of covering it, as HIV/AIDS prevention is one of the biggest and ongoing program of the organization. Also for the daily based work and staff issues management the organization has Office Administrative position who coordinates the activities implementation, reporting processes, and reports about the results on evaluation, creates daily and monthly based agendas and combine the work of the staff. One of the most important department is Financial management one, which is the strongest feature of the organizations, as it active works and cooperate with donors and tax institutions and provides the best level of trust by the partners.