Open call for Outreach Worker’s Job Position
20 August, 2018
“New Generation” Humanitarian Non-governmental Organization announces an open call for applications for 5 positions of outreach workers within the framework of the project on HIV Prevention among MSM and LGBTI people in Armenia.
Duration: 1 year, with 1 month of probationary period; with possible
Workplace: Armenia, RA 8 provinces: Aragatsotn, Armavir, Gegharquniq,
Kotayq, Syunik, Vayots Dzor and Tavush
Position: Outreach Worker
Work Start: 01.10.2018թ.
Accountable to Project Coordinator
Deadline for Applications: 21.09.2018
The main functions of this position include but are not limited to the following: identification of beneficiaries, voluntary counseling and oral mucosal transudate testing for HIV, administrative tasks.
- To do outreach work in RA 8 provinces: Aragatsotn, Armavir, Gegharkunik, Kotayq, Syunik, Vayots Dzor and Tavush
- To make visits to RA provinces and identification of possible beneficiaries.
- To provide the beneficiaries with information on voluntary counseling and testing services.
- To provide voluntary counseling and conduct oral mucosal transudate testing for HIV.
- To provide information and counseling on safe sex behavior as well as usage of condoms and lubricants.
- To provide the beneficiaries with healthcare kits: condoms, lubricants and educational-information materials.
- To organize and hold support groups and meetings with the beneficiaries.
- To hold events, discussions with the beneficiaries and target groups.
- To take part in staff meetings, present the results of conducted events and communication with the beneficiary and target groups.
- Submit reports on the conducted work to the Supervisor every month.
- To ensure participants from the beneficiary groups for the trainings and other events held by the customer.
- To do other relevant tasks and duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Experience in outreach work
- Knowledge on HIV and AIDS is preferable
- Computer Skills: MS Office, Internet Outlook
- Data Analysis Skills
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian, knowledge of English is desiarable
- Ability to work in a team
- Good Communication Skills
- Creative Skills
- Readiness to work according to the Employer’s requirements
ATTENTION: Please note that before the start of project activities (October 1, 2018) the selected participants will be trained on outreach work specificities within 2018 September.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for the job, please send your CV in Armenian to email address: [email protected] until September 21, 2018, writing Outreach in the subject line.