CSOs and Mass Media in the Front Line for Elimination of Discrimination against LGBTI people in Armenia project is implemented by “New Generation” Humanitarian NGO. This project enjoys the support of Transition Promotion Program, Embassy of Czech Republic in Yerevan, Armenia
The goal of the project is:
To promote empowerment of CSOs, Mass media and on-line social websites of Armenia in the process of fight against discrimination towards LGBTI people.
The objectives of the project are:
1. To build the capacities of 11 civil society organizations from 10 regions and Yerevan for protection of human rights of LGBTI+ people.
• To organize a 4-day seminar-training for 11 CSO representatives on: Stigma and discrimination, Torture, Human Rights and ECHR, Existence and understanding of hate and discrimination in the Armenia’s national legislation.
2. To build the capacities of the 11 mass media representatives from 10 regions and Yerevan for protection of human rights of LGBTI people.
• To organize seminar-trainings for 11 representatives of the Armenian Mass Media on: Stigma, Discrimination and Torture, Freedom of Speech and hate speech, International and local conventions and legislation on human rights.
• Develop and publish 100 copies of a manual to deliver to 100 Mass Media in Armenia.
LGBTI+ related terminology, Stigma, Discrimination and Torture, Hate speech and Freedom of speech.
The target groups of the project are:
CSO and Mass Media representatives.