January 2016 – September 2018: “HIV and AIDS prevention and awareness raising among MSM in Shirak, Lori regions and in Yerevan city”.
GOAL OF THE PROJECT
- To support the implementation of the National Program of Armenia on Response to HIV through elimination of HIV and AIDS cases among MSM and raising their awareness.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- To create an MSM supportive environment in RA in the field of HIV prevention.
- To promote safe sexual relations behavior (included use of condoms and water-based lubricants)
- To increase awareness of STI (sexually transmitted infection), HIV and AIDS as well as related problems among MSM
By the doctor
- Pre-test voluntary consultation
- HIV testing
- Post-test consultation
- Free STI consultation
- In case of sero-positive cases – referring to the National Center for AIDS Prevention of RA
By the outreach worker
- Identification of beneficiaries
- Provision with information to MSM about HIV, AIDS, STI
- Distribution of condoms, lubricants and IE Materials
- Provision of information about the medical services of the VCT doctor
- MSMs from Shirak, Lori regions and Yerevan City.
- National Center for AIDS Prevention of RA
- Active NGOs working in the field
Project implemented with the financial support of the Global Fund against AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, Mission East/Armenia.